Review: Just Drive (Anchor Point #1) by L.A. Witt

Just Drive (Anchor Point #1)Just Drive (Anchor Point #1) by L.A. Witt

Publication Date: November 19, 2016
Page Count: 300
Published by: Riptide Publishing
Source: ebook borrowed from library
Genre: M/M military romance

Synopsis from Goodreads:

For Sean Wright, driving a cab in the tiny Navy town of Anchor Point isn’t an exciting job . . . until he picks up just-dumped Paul Richards. A drive turns into a walk on the pier, which turns into the hottest hookup Sean’s had in ages.

After a long overdue breakup, Paul can’t believe his luck. Of all the drivers, he’s picked up by the gorgeous, gay, and very willing Sean. Younger guys aren’t usually his thing, but Paul can’t resist.

One taste and neither man can get enough . . . right up until they realize that Paul is Sean’s father’s commanding officer and the last man Sean should be involved with.

With two careers on the line, their only option is to back off. It’s not easy, though; the sex and the emotional connection are exactly what both men have been craving for a long time. But Paul has devoted twenty-four years to his career and his dream of making admiral. If he’s caught with Sean, that’s all over. He has to choose—stay the course, or trade it all for the man who drove off with his heart.

 photo MyThoughtsBanner2_zps1bk1ovpj.png

This is a new to me author. I was browsing though Hoopla via the library, looking for something different. I came across this series and thought I'd give the first book a try.

What did I think? There was sex. Lots and lots of sex. Nothing graphic though, and honestly, the sex scenes were mediocre at best. That's the writing though, and not my take on the characters sex lives. This had a very basic plot. Just 2 guys having sex, all hyped up by being forbidden from being together. Nothing really happened. Not even dialogue. (Except in their heads, because internal monologues are so much more intriguing than an actual conversations.) I needed meaningful conversations and getting to know you scenes - not just for the characters, but for ME. Paul and Sean were likable, but I knew next to nothing about them, so I didn't know what they saw in each other. Having said all of that, this book wasn't completely terrible - especially if you're not looking for anything deep and meaningful. Overall, I would say this was just an okay read for me.

 photo 3 star WfW_zpsgrskuj2d.png
My rating: 3 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.